Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Life Is Thine


Lord Jesus, I give Thee ev'rything;
Lord Jesus, but to thy cross I cling.

My Savior I humbly pray,
Receive the gifts I bring today;
Lord Jesus, my life is Thine,
My will, my talents,and my time.

Lord Jesus, I need Thee more each day;
Lord Jesus, control my thoughts I pray.
My Savior, to Thee I bow-

Come melt me, mold me, use me now;
Lord Jesus, here is my heart, 
O cleanse and fill my inmost part.

Lord Jesus, although my  flesh is weak,
Lord Jesus, it is Thy will I seek.
My Savior, my God and King.

Accept the simple gifts I bring,
Lord Jesus I am Thine own,
Come rule as King on my heart's throne.
 
Frank Garlock- Majesty Hymns

This song is one I do not know the tune to- but I loved the words:)  They gave me a renewed faith this morning as I read them and put on the armor of God once more- I pray they bless you as they did me:)
"How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God...with Thee is the fountain of life-"
Psalm 36:7,9

3 comments:

  1. They were a blessing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    In Him,
    Karissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss Cassie,

    It was a pleasure to have you stop by my blog today and comment! This is a wonderful hymn...the words so full of meaning and truth. I especially like the phrase "control my thoughts I pray." How important it is for our thoughts to be focused on the things of the Lord...for where our thoughts are...there will our actions be. Our daily strive to walk in obedience to Him will bring us such peace...and brings our Lord great joy.

    Sweet blessings to you and your family,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. These past few weeks, the lesson of complete reliance on our Savior has seemed to be on the forfront of many people's minds in both my church and in my family, including myself.
    This song definitely helped me to refocus on Christ when I read it after a stressful day. I think I'll spend a little time looking for the tune - just a little curious!

    ReplyDelete