Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is here!! It was a beautiful service this morning at church and we were blessed by the people who were there:)

Well, this past week I have kept up on my challenge to write something every day in honor of my Mom.  I know nothing I wrote was exactly earth shattering or seemed to be amazing...but I suppose that's my personality.  It's the small things that touch me, the simple acts that make my Mom so dear to me!  I am not influenced as much by large events or big moments- but the small acts are what makes them real to me, they stay with me and create a soft spot inside of me for the person who created it.

You are such a blessing to me Mom!!  Happy Mother's Day!!!!

"It takes a mother's love
To make a house a home,
A place to be remembered,
No matter where we roam.
-Helen Steiner Rice

A loving home is a lighthouse
With children safe and warm,
Refuge from the cold outside,
A port in time of storm.

A harbor for the family,
A haven in the night,
A beacon that burns brightly,
To shed abroad its light.

When time has passed, the children leave
For shelters of their own.
May each be guided by the light,
Of love in every home."
M.M. Marshall

You are my lighthouse Mom, the harbor for our family, the beacon that burns brightly in any struggle.  Thank you for always being there, for always caring no matter what....I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Cassie,
    Your posts this week have brought back so many memories and you have been such an encouragement to me. Thank you for the time that you put into these posts and your thoughtfulness. I think mom's often tend to focus more on their failures (what we could have done differently) more than our successes. It was refreshing to read that I did a few things right! I am so glad that God gave me you:) I love you too.

    ReplyDelete