Saturday, May 7, 2011

Known By Your Fruits

This morning I attended a ladies fellowship at my church- the theme was:  "Be known by your fruits."

When I was really little I asked my family a question: If they could choose one character or person that I was most like, who would it be?  And much to my shock- they said....can you believe it....Tigger!!  Tigger!! Of all the options out there!! (Now I'm assuming you all know the Hundred Acre Wood:)

Then recently my family and I were having fun comparing our personalities to those of animals:)  And my family decided that I have graduated from Tigger to an Otter- I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.........

Now I do say all this with a purpose:)
With all the discussion of being known by your fruit (or personality) it made me think back to all the refining my Mom had to do in order to make me who I am today.

My Mom has always encouraged me to develop fruits in my life that will change me- even if I didn't want to be changed.

She encouraged me to have my daily devotional time, memorize scripture, and pray daily with my Savior.  Every area of my life has been touched by my Mom, she will eagerly run into whatever room my sister and I are in and share with us something the Lord has taught her.  These lessons she talks of may make her laugh or can make her cry- but her personal application has always rebuked me.

I pray that my faith in Christ will encourage my children someday as my Mom has encouraged me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment