Friday, November 18, 2011

Last Day of Thanksgiving

Just a couple of weeks ago I recieved a call from my Grampa while I was at work.  He asked what time I got out and if I could stop by his place on my way home.  When I said yes and asked why he said, "Because I am going to give you and your sister my truck."

Vehicles have always been an issue in my family, since we live in a more rustic area and have a farm, more durable and bigger vehicles are required....but with it comes the issues of gas prices and its more expensive to replace stuff when it breaks.

When I started my job in early October I was driving a Ford F250 to work three to four days a week.  It was unstustainable with the amount of money that was taken out my paycheck just to pay for gas.  It also left my Mom and sister without a truck at the house, so if there was ever an emergency they wouldn't be able to do much.  The situation was becoming more complex; then Grampa called and became an answer to our prayers.

God knows our every need, the truck is a no bells and whistles truck- but it works and is in excellent condition.  God does discriminate between needs and wants, He provides things that make us more grateful in the long run than if we had gotten exactly what we wanted when we asked for it.

Every day God's provision has been great in my life, and if I didn't have trials then I wouldn't have the knowledge of how to grow closer to my King.  If He didn't test me day by day in His Word, I would never understand how He laid Himself down as the greatest sacrifice anyone can ever make.  If He didn't open His arms to everyone to welcome them into His family, we wouldn't have a reason to live- for we are all sinners and deserve the penalty He took instead--for US.

Thank you Lord for Your continued patience with me, Your unfailing love, and the way You continue to mold me.  I love You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment