Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day #2 of Thanksgiving

Hello,
Due to internet and computer issues, this post is a day late...but here nonetheless!:)

Monday I wrote about the salvation of my Nana, today I want to write about the Lord's work in my life this past summer.

In November\December of last year I felt led by the Lord to step into the leadership postition of becoming a teacher\mentor...suffice to say that my initial reaction was an immediate "Whoa! No way!" But the Lord's ways are the best and His plans do come to fruition if we yeild our rights and follow Him.:)

By January I began to take my first steps into writing a devotional for young girls (targeted specifically towards girls 10-13). I love to write- but what I was writing down was truly from the Lord.

By April the Lord revealed His full plan to me. He wanted me to begin a Bible study...I felt ill-qualified and completely unprepared.  However He does say that in our weakness He becomes strong!

I wrote up a newsletter aimed at young girls between the ages of 10 and 13 and distributed it among that age group of girls at my church.  The newsletter explained my desire to begin a Bible srtudy with them and that it would be a six week study during the summer.

By the middle of May there were five girls who were committed to the study.  The excitement began to build and I felt the Lord with me as the first Bible study approached.

Radiance was the name I chose for our group, it meant having a glow that eminates in such a way that many people don't know where it comes from.  But for us Christians there is an easy answer, our inner glow is that of Christ.  As long as we are actively seeking to be more like Him and follow His direction that inner radiance cannot be mistaken in our life as anything else other than His presence reigning over us!!!


As I taught throughout the summer I thought I would feel sort of like a teacher as each  week went by.  But the truth of it was, these girls were on fire for the Lord. They truly wanted to seek Him and follow Him in every area of their life!  Their encouragement and the friendship that they offered touched my heart in a way that I can't describe.  We truly became sisters in Christ, intent on the same mission of glorifying our Savior.

When the Lord first presented this ministy opportunity to me I thought it was a way that I could be a  mentor\ older sister to the girls that are younger in my church.  But the Lord showed His true intent as they taught me SO much in their observations, notes and behavior.  As we had the wrap up party at the end of the six weeks I felt like crying as I saw each of them having a light of radiance begin to come out in their behavior and speech.

These precious girls changed my life! As we went over the topics of maturity, purity, modesty, ect. I felt so blessed and challenged!

If you ever feel like the Lord is leading you in this direction, I encourage you, pray fervently about it!  Then if the Lord still leads you in this way, go for it! Always keeping Him first.  My main concern when I first started out my Bible study was how to keep everyone pure while still learning about Christ's desire for us. So my motto became: "Always speak and have them read things that allow them to read about purity without taking away their purity." This was the way my parents raised me, to always know my boundaries while still keeping my thought life pure.  I know there are many Christian devotionals out there that deal with the topics I discussed with my girls, but not all of them are appropriate and busy Mom's do not always have the opportunity to scan and read everything their daughter wants to read!!:) 

To end today's post I would like to add one more thing, as the time went on with the group there were blessings that happened in my life outside of being blessed by the girls...so on a note of encouragement, just because your life may seem like its running smoothly- don't always assume its because God has you there.  Continually seek His will and be ready to follow- no matter what.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment