Monday, March 7, 2011

Spiritual Credentials Part 1

My choice not to go to college did not come as a surprise to my friends and family as I had a sister precede me in taking"the path less traveled".

However, just because I'm finished with high school does not mean I am not still in school.  God's school reaches out for all ages and has more information than any college professor.

Who can teach wisdom?  And how can you effectively obtain it?  Who prizes our time spent more than our Lord?

It is very easy for me to get sidetracked when I'm at home.  I didn't stay home to lay down in a hammock, watch TV, and sleep in- you get the point.  I stayed home to serve my family and work diligently in God's school acquiring more credentials from my King.

One of the biggest lessons my King is teaching me right now is how to wisely spend my time, I have a thousand directions I want to go- but are all of them absolutely necessary?

The years before graduating from high school and starting a family can be long or short depending on God's design for your life.  But during these years, realize, it is the most precious time you will ever spend with your King.  While you are in high school your focus is on school, projects, and more school.  When you have a family of your own your focus is on how to serve and encourage your spouse, also manage the kid's schedules, and keep time with all the extra duties that pop up from nowhere.  During your single years you have a bit of extra time on your hands, what better way to invest it than to enrich yourself in God's word?!!

When your car breaks down you are not going to call one of your girl friends to fix it.  You are going to call a mechanic and have him repair the damage.  These principles apply to God.  If you seek wisdom for your problems, why not ask the expert?


Psalm 11:10  "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding.  To him belongs eternal praise."

Romans 11:33-36  "Oh, the depth of the riches of wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!  "Who has known the mind of the Lord?  Or who has been his counselor?"  "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"  For from him and through him and to him are all things.  To him be the glory forever! Amen."


Filling my time wisely can be a simple task.  While staying at home for the day I usually hit the "hot spots", as we call them in our house.  "Hot Spots" are places where its an automatic drop-off station when you walk in the door, mail, purses, bags, you name it get dropped off there.  These places drive my Dad up the wall.  It should only take you a moment to find the home for these items.:)  I also find the time to work on the young girl's devotional I'm writing.  Walking away after a study of the Bible and writing down God's promises leaves me with such a close feeling to Him, a feeling of security and excitement at being personally chosen to be a part of His family and plans!

So what homework has God given you to work out right now?  How are your credentials in his school looking?  Are you actively trying to improve yourself in His school?

God blesses those who serve their families and work diligently in accomplishing subjects in His school.

There will be other posts about "Spiritual Credentials", for this topic alone is one in a thousand more God has stored up for us to learn.:)

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God,
And His righteousness,
And all these things shall be added unto you,
Allelu, Alleluia.

Ask and it shall be given unto you,
Seek and ye shall find.
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.
Allelu, Alleluia.

Words by Karen Lafferty and the WILDS 






No comments:

Post a Comment