Monday, March 14, 2011

God's Design

For two months I have spent my free evenings working on the latch hook rug (pictured above), and I have finally finished it!

While I was working on it I began to compare it to real life lessons.

When you latch hook you take a thread one at a time and knot it in a hole; it is very time consuming!  You may think that you have accomplished so much after a few hours, but when you hold it up for inspection you have only made it larger by a few inches!!  Frustrated you lay it aside to deal with at a later time.  So it lays there, unfinished and looking pretty awful until you have time to come back and work on it some more.

I wonder if God sometimes links us to being like the rug.  He has a beautiful design all planned out, He works on us with patience and invests so much of His time.  But we resist Him and only allow inches of our lives to be changed, so He sadly takes His hands away and stands back, allowing our stubborn nature to direct us for a while.  We stay cemented in our own way, it is ugly and unsatisfactory.  We aren't moving forward and we aren't moving back, we become sorrowful that we pushed our Maker away.  So He returns and begins to put us back together once more.

While I was knotting each thread it would sometimes get caught on the tool I was using, and as I pulled back the thread it would separate from its usual shape.  Thus rendering it useless for me to use, so I would throw it away and have to grab a new piece.

God may have the perfect piece to the puzzle in our lives, but as He places it down we struggle and shy away causing the piece to be marred and part of His beautiful plan is scarred.

You may not be able to tell, but there is something incomplete in this rug; something is missing and I had to improvise.  If you can find it tell me what you think it is:)  This rug is not perfect, it has its defects, but I am its creator, this makes it only more dear to me as I know that no one else will have a duplicate of it.

Christ made you unique, there is no copy anywhere in the world.  Every piece He's laid down in your life makes you different from anyone else.  Christ has an amazing pattern already planned out for your life, you may never see it, but you can trust that everything is either going to strengthen or weaken you depending on how you react to Christ's leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment