Sunday, February 27, 2011

Enter Into His Gates with Thanksgiving...

In my personal devotions I have been shown the phrase "Praise the Lord always!" Time and time again.  This means I should give Him due credit for everything that happens in life.
Don't wait till Thanksgiving to share the blessings God has given you- even if they are small, they are a gift that was freely given you.:)

To start out, why don't you just name off five things daily that you are thankful about?  Breathing can always be at the top of the list:):)  But think of other things, did your quiet time with God really speak to your heart? Did He answer a prayer request? Did a specific person encourage you with either a word or a look?

My top five for Sunday would be:

1. This glorious snow, the paw prints left in it, the sun reflecting off its glittering surface
(This is the river that run's down next to our driveway)

2. The comfort of our extended family members:) In particular the two "Princess's" that I've raised.  One from a bottle at 3 months of age and the other I raised from the day of birth.
(The mother, Junebug, is on the right, and Faith, her daughter is on the left. And no, these aren't llamas, these are alpacas:)

3. The freedom to worship my God.

4. To have the fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ 

5. To be raised in a Godly family, 

Yes, its that easy! Just praise God from your heart! He is the author of your heart, of your entire being!:)
Psalm 34:1
"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips."
Psalm 100:4
"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."

1 comment:

  1. This post was really good Sis ;] Thank you for the reminder. You're right, it is so easy to "Just praise God from our heart!" It's something that I need to do more often.
    I'm thanking God for you and all that you do =]

    ReplyDelete