Saturday, April 21, 2012

When I say, "I'm a Christian"


.



"When I say... "I'm a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin."
I'm whispering "I was lost,
Now I'm found and forgiven."




When I say... "I am a Christian."
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble,
And need Christ to be my guide.


When I say... "I am a Christian."
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak,
And I need His strength to carry on.

When I say... "I'm a Christian."
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed,
And need God to clean my mess.





When I say... "I'm a Christian."
I'm not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible,
But, God believes I'm worth it.

When I say... "I'm a Christian."
I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

When I say..."I'm a Christian."
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner,
Who received God's good grace, somehow!

I'm not sure who wrote this heartfelt poem, but the words are so powerful and true!
I hope this blesses you as it did me.
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. It reminds me that I'm not perfect and that I am human.

    God bless you,

    Ashley-Joy

    ReplyDelete